Brandon Ford-logo
Out Of State and looking to Purchase?

If you're buying a Ford vehicle from us outside of Florida, we've got you covered.

Read our FAQs or contact us for personalized help.

All customers intending to purchase from out of state should read the following:

Certain out of state purchase scenarios may require a $2500 contingent refundable deposit.

Can I title and register the Brandon Ford vehicle I purchase outside the state of Florida?

We would love to sell you a vehicle, however, several states and financial institutions have new regulations and requirements making it difficult, or even impossible. Title and registration information must be obtained regarding your home state, for that reason we will only be able to assist you Monday through Friday 9:00 – 3:00. The vehicle you are inquiring about will not be held during that time. We will need additional time to gather all of the necessary information from your home state regarding taxes, fees, inspection and emission information, and required forms. Rarely will you be able to take delivery the same day.

Will you ship me the vehicle?

Due to proof of identity requirements, you must sign all documents in person and take delivery from the dealership.

Pricing and rebates?

The advertised pricing for the new vehicles on our website and other medias is after all Ford incentives applicable to residents of the Tampa Bay region. Ford may offer different incentives for your home address, therefore the pricing may be different.

What about taxes?

Most states, but not all states, are “reciprocal” with Florida for sales tax. In the states that are not, you would have to pay 6% sales tax to the state of Florida plus your home state tax. It may not make financial sense for you to purchase in Florida.

Can I register any Brandon Ford vehicle in my home state?

Some states have different emission requirements than Florida.

Can I finance with my bank or credit union?

Certified or wired funds must be received from your lender by the dealership before delivery. Drafts, letters of credit, or funds on hold will not be accepted on out of state deals. We will also be happy to assist you with financing.

What about insurance?

You will be required to provide state and VIN specific insurance, driver’s licenses from your state, and if transferring a license plate, a copy of your state registration. All of these items must match the address of your new registration.

What if I am not returning home soon?

No problem, unless your home state requires a vehicle/emissions inspection in your home state before they will title and register the vehicle.

Can I handle my own title and registration?

Yes, if you purchase a preowned vehicle with immediately available certified or wired funds. No, if your purchase any new vehicle, or financed preowned vehicle. Lenders require the dealership provide proof of registration and lien record. Ford requires proof of registration matching any incentives received.

What about additional fees charged by my state?

There are a few states that will not/cannot give us the amount of local/city/county/ state fees, sales tax, ad valorem tax, or use tax. For the same reasons as in the above answer, we would not be able to deliver the vehicle.

How long will it take to receive my new registration?

Each state varies greatly on how fast they process out of state titles and registration. If you must provide emissions, state inspection, ad-valorem or paid property tax-fees-assessments receipts, this will increase the processing time. Our goal, if we have all the documents, is to complete the registration within 60 days.

Do you have a vehicle you'd like to trade in?*
Are you active-duty military?*
Do you have a license plate to transfer?*

Like this feature? See all vehicles with

Like this feature? See all vehicles with

Like this feature? See all vehicles with